The toy & miniature museum currently sits next door the UMKC campus and houses a large collection of toys and fine scale miniatures. It has antique doll houses from the late 1800's, paper dolls, marbles, and can even take you through evolution of barbie.
While this place is filled with fine craftsman ship, toys, and cute little models, it is hardly a place where you play. Inside of the museum you will find display cases filled with plenty to look at, however it lacks a level of engagement and relatability.
I am hoping to implement a solution to this by creating a more engaging identity and goal. These little toys and miniatures are a tangible model for life. While these miniatures can exist in their own environment of its' corresponding scale, I would like to explore what happens when these little objects are intertwined with our environment. I would like to use this as an opportunity to introduce (or re-introduce) wonder into our everyday lives.



