Wednesday, September 12, 2012
[collin] phase 1
Forty Woods is just a tiny, corrugated metal shed in Blue Springs, Missouri… a bait shop. From the outside, it would seem unremarkable; even a bit of an eyesore. Step inside, and honestly your impressions may not change. The first thing you'll notice is the remarkable stench. For nearly forty years, worms, crickets, minnows, crawdads, and innumerable other creatures have inhabited it's walls. Signage is worn, and the floors are stained with countless muddied-boot tracks…
But there's something remarkable about it. The wear and tear of so many years of traffic tells a story of its own. It says that this business, this bait shop, has held true to its roots; unchanging and unmovable. In a community that has seen it's great outdoors shrink to merely a minor outdoors, it speaks to a commitment to something more than just financial security. It says that this metal shed stands to support a lifestyle of adventure, exploration, and tradition.
This is why I've chosen to work with Forty Woods. I believe it speaks to an integrity in business that we rarely find in our fast-paced world. It's a reminder to a community about what it once held dear, and that it will continue in the same manner till the walls cave in. It's this time-worn tradition and authenticity I hope to preserve and accentuate when I approach this project.
Rausch_DesignSystems_Phase1_FortyWoods

